The Enzyme Database

Your query returned 1 entry.    printer_iconPrintable version

EC 1.13.12.9     
Accepted name: phenylalanine 2-monooxygenase
Reaction: L-phenylalanine + O2 = 2-phenylacetamide + CO2 + H2O
Other name(s): L-phenylalanine oxidase (deaminating and decarboxylating); phenylalanine (deaminating, decarboxylating)oxidase
Systematic name: L-phenylalanine:oxygen 2-oxidoreductase (decarboxylating)
Comments: The reaction shown above is about 80% of the reaction catalysed; the remaining 20% is:

    L-phenylalanine + O2 + H2O = 3-phenylpyruvic acid + ammonia + H2O2

a reaction similar to that of EC 1.4.3.2, L-amino-acid oxidase.

Links to other databases: BRENDA, EXPASY, KEGG, MetaCyc, CAS registry number: 190396-37-3
References:
1.  Koyama, H. Purification and characterization of a novel L-phenylalanine oxidase (deaminating and decarboxylating) from Pseudomonas sp. P-501. J. Biochem. (Tokyo) 92 (1982) 1235–1240. [PMID: 7174643]
2.  Koyama, H. Oxidation and oxygenation of L-amino acids catalyzed by a L-phenylalanine oxidase (deaminating and decarboxylating) from Pseudomonas sp. P-501. J. Biochem. (Tokyo) 96 (1984) 421–427. [PMID: 6501250]
3.  Koyama, H. A simple and rapid enzymatic determination of L-phenylalanine with a novel L-phenylalanine oxidase (deaminating and decarboxylating) from Pseudomonas sp. P-501. Clin. Chim. Acta 1361 (1984) 131–136. [PMID: 6692570]
4.  Koyama, H. and Suzuki, H. Spectral and kinetic studies on Pseudomonas L-phenylalanine oxidase (deaminating and decarboxylating). J. Biochem. (Tokyo) 100 (1986) 859–866. [PMID: 3818566]
[EC 1.13.12.9 created 1986, modified 2003]
 
 


Data © 2001–2016 IUBMB
Web site © 2005–2016 Andrew McDonald